The Malaysia palm oil mill sector has developed successfully in parallel with development of the oil palm plantation sector. In 1990, there were only 261 mill is operation with total 42.8 Million tonnes fresh fruit bunches (FFB). The number increased by 73.18% to 452 mill with a FFB 115.56 Million tonnes in 2020. The increase in oil palm area is one of the factors that contributed to the increase in palm oil mill. With that period the oil palm planted area increase 2.03 Million Hectares (Ha) in 1990 to 5.86 million Ha in 2020.
|Malaysia||Mill||Process FFB Capacity|
FFB will send to CPO will grading: FFB Grading 90% of OER achievement depend on FFB quality
Quality FFB: Ripe bunches with yellowish and reddish outer layer and its mesocarp are yellow coloured. This bunch has at least ten (10) loose sockets and more than fifty percent (50%) fruits were still attached to the bunch during inspection. Fruit bunches and loose fruits should be sent to the mill within 24 hours after harvest.
Product: OIL & KERNEL
- OER – 20%
- KER – 6.25%
Palm oil mill main stations:
|No||Main section||Main machine|
|1||Fresh palm fruit bunch reception section||Loading ramp|
|2||Sterilization section||Sterilization tank|
|3||Threshing section||Threshing Machine Platform|
|4||Digesting & Pressingsection||Digester & Screw presser|
|6||Fiber separation section||Polishing drun|
|7||Palm kernel recovery section||(1)Palm nut storage tank (2)Polishing drum (3)Nut grading screen (4) Palm nut Ripple mill (5)Separating column system (6)hydro cyclone equipment (7)Palm kernel drying bunker (8)Dry Palm kernel final storage warehouse|
|9||Engine room||Diesel generator|
|12||Effluent Treatment Plant|
- Raw material reception: as for the first step of palm oil mill process, collecting the FFB and convey by trucks, then pour the fluster into the discharge door after weighed.
- Sterilization: FFB is air-tight sterilized in sterilizer of palm oil mill process, the purpose is to prevent enzymes broken down, avoiding FFA content in oil further increase.
- Threshing: the purpose of threshing in the palm oil mill process is to separate the palm fruit from the FFB. The drum-type thresher is the usual machine to separate the fruit.
- Digesting and pressing: the purpose of digesting in the palm oil mill process is to separate the pulp and nut and crush the palm pulp. Then it is sent to continuous screw press. After pressing of palm oil mill process, oil palm fruit is divided into two parts: the mixture of oil, water, and solid impurities, and the press cake (fiber and nut).
- Oil clarification: as for the oil clarification of the palm oil mill process, oil is clarified by the vibrate screen.
- Kernel recovery: as for the last step of palm oil mill process, The separated fiber material is sent to the boiler room as fuel; the separated kernel is transported to kernel warehouse by pneumatic conveying system for temporary storage.
https://www.palmoilextractionmachine.com/FAQ/palm_oil_mill_process_flow_diagram_742.html http://pdas.mpob.gov.my/pdf/PPQSPPKP.pdf https://www.asianagri.com/images/articles/bisnis-kami/crude-palm-oil-milling-process-01.jpg https://bepi.mpob.gov.my/index.php/en/production/production-2020/production-of-crude-oil-palm-2020 https://bepi.mpob.gov.my/index.php/en/sectoral-status/sectoral-status-2021/number-a-capacities-of-palm-oil- sectors-2021 http://palmoilis.mpob.gov.my/publications/OPIEJ/opiejv14n1-azman.pdf https://www.mjmpom.com/ffb-grading-guideline/