NPK fertilizers provide important nutrients to plants. They are integral in maintaining the richness of planting soils in order to maximize and optimize the output of crops across the board. NPK fertilizers consist of the top three elements needed by plants, namely Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium.
In the past, farmers and planters relied on conventional NPK fertilizers to help their plants stay healthy. However, these traditional forms of NPK fertilizers had to be used in high amounts in order to be effective. This was because a large portion of the fertilizers were lost due to leaching and the volatility of the mineral elements themselves.
Modern technology and research has managed to help solve this problem by introducing slow release fertilizers. Realizing the importance of this technology, Everchem has developed the Evermax Slow Release Fertilizer NPK (SRF NPK).
How is SRF NPK Different?
Our slow release fertilizers are coated with a layer of water soluble nitrogen and zeolite. Zeolite is a safe, silica based element that can carry all sorts of chemical ions. In this case, they carry Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium. When Zeolite comes into contact with moisture in the soil, it breaks downs and releases its mineral elements into a form that’s easy for plants to pick up and absorb.
Apart from moisture, temperature also influences the rate at which the Zeolite releases the N,P and K. The final factor that influences NPK’s diffusion here is microbial activity. The layer of Zeolite protects the NPK fertilizer from being diffused into the soil all at once and leaching off instead of being absorbed by the crops.
Therefore, SRF NPK is able to release nutrients at a prolonged and uniformed pace. This pace will ensure that a steady stream of NPK reaches your plants. Evermax’s SRF NPK has the following benefits too;
- It’s packaged in a versatile nugget form. This shape is really easy to handle and not messy. You don’t need any special tools to apply it and it can be done with gloved hands. Other forms like granules are available too, and can be manufactured to suit your crop’s needs.
- The fertilizer has a long life span and can provide NPK for your crops for up to 9 months or 12 months.
- The fertilizer is environmentally friendly and completely safe to use, as Zeolite is a silicon based carrier that doesn’t react with anything in nature and is isn’t toxic at all.
- Minimizes leeching of key nutrients by enveloping them in a protective layer that will only break upon contact with specific environmental factors.
- Cost effective as compared to conventional NPK fertilizers. You don’t need as much as the lifespan of the SRF NPK is pretty long.
- Easy uptake by roots which means fast absorption rates. Uniformed release over a long period of time means that your roots get a constant supply of NPK and will grow as an optimized pace.
Tailor Your Own SRF NPK
There are two pre-manufactured NPK rations available, namely N:P:K at a ratio of 12/12/17 +2Mg0+TE and 15/15/6+4Mg0+TE. Other ratios are available and can be produced upon request.
NPK is such an important part of a plant’s life, and can determine the wellbeing of your crops. As such, we are committed to delivering the best quality SRF NPK to you for the future of your plantation and business.
NPK fertilizers are also known as Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium fertilizers. These three elements are the main nutrients for plants in general. They are also the minerals that the plants consume the most. NPK fertilizers are used for almost all crops in the world, from cash crops to plantation crops like oil palms, rubber, cocoa, corn and grains. Each of these three elements has their own unique functions in plants.
Nitrogen (N) is a key component of amino acid, the form in which some plants store energy. In addition to that, plants also need Nitrogen to perform photosynthesis. Photosynthesis is the way plants make food for themselves, using water, sunshine and chlorophyll, which is the part of the plants that name them green.
Phosphorus(P) in plants play an important part in the formation of flowers and fruits, as well as in the production of seeds. Phosphorus can be found in every cell of the plant, as it’s an element in the plant’s DNA, which means plants cannot grow or produce new cells without P. It’s also integral for the structural integrity of plants and the formation of new roots.
Potassium (K) determines the quality of fruits, seeds and leaves that are sold in the marketplace. Potassium has to be adequate for the size, shape, taste, color and even sweetness of commercially viable parts to be accepted and to be considered fit for the market.
NPK can be lost from the soil due to various causes, including overplanting, flooding, and the like. Farmers and planters depend heavily on NPK fertilizers to optimize the production of their crops. Studies have shown that plants that lack NPK produce up to 40% less fruits, seeds and leaves.
Regular NPK fertilizers can be found in both powder and granular forms. However, modern technology has given us many innovations on how NPK can be better applied to plants, such as the latest Controlled Release Technology (CRT) method.
The Modern and Innovative Controlled Release Technology (CRT)
The research and development team here at Everchem has adapted some of the latest technologies in fertilizer science to bring you our very own CRT NPK fertilizer. This fertilizer wraps the NPK minerals up in polymer coats for better application. The benefits of CRT include:
- A uniformed and balanced release of nutrients for the plants. This reduces the risk of toxicity or poisoning due to an oversupply of one mineral over another.
- No fertilizer burn effect due to oversupply of fertilizers in the ground that can damage roots or trunks.
- Standardized uptake of minerals for the entire plant, meaning that every part of the plants get an equal amount of minerals and can grow at an equal rate.
- The fertilizer has a very long life-span and can last in the ground for 9 to 12 months without the need to re-application.
- Cost cutting and cost effective as fertilizer only has to be applied once a year or two at most, and less fertilizer is needed per hectare compared to conventional NPK granules.
- Environmentally friendly and absolutely safe for the plantation’s surroundings and workers.
- 100% Nitrogen release , which means none of the nutrients get wasted into the surroundings.
Customized to Suit Your Needs
Everchem is committed to providing CRT NPK fertilizers to suit the specific need of your crops. This is evident in our line of EverMax CRT NPK fertilizers. Ready made products include:
- NPK 20/9/12+3Mg0+TE
- NPK 8/8/8 +2MgO
- NPK 18/7/9 +2MgO
- NPK 18/6/8
Other NPK rations can be tailor-made upon request. Just let us know the ratio you require and we will manufacture it for you. Every plantation and crop is unique, and we’re here to make sure your crops get the best they deserve!
Boron (B) is a micronutrient that plants really need to function on a normal basis. Although Boron is readily available in nature through the soil, this element can easily be depleted and cause problems to your crops, including oil palms.
One rich source of Boron is Boric Acid fertilizers. It appears as a crystalline powder that is white in color. Boric Acid is made by reacting borax with a mineral acid. The resulting Boric acid is a weak organic acid that isn’t strong, and can release the Boron element easily.
Boric acid is a unique fertilizer. At lower concentrations, it functions as an important nutritional source. However, at a higher concentration, Boric acid is a potent algaecide, herbicide and pesticide that can control the infestation of weeds and insect pests.
Versatile Application Method
Boric Acid is one fertilizer that can be applied both through the leaves and through the soil . This versatile application method suits different crops well. Some crops are able to absorb better through the foliar spray method whereas others can absorb Boron through the roots.
When used on leaves, Boric acid should be dissolved in water and sprayed evenly. However, if Boric Acid is applied to the soil, it can be applied as a dried powder without the need for it being dissolved in any water. The natural moisture in the soil will dissolve it and make it available in the soil.
Our Boric Acid fertilizer powders can be used in a versatile way. However, the concentration of Boric Acid should not be too high. Ideally, whether sprayed on leaves or applied to soil, there should not be more than 0.5- 5.0 mg of Boric Acidpowder per one Liter of warm water.
If the concentration of boric acid goes too high at more 10mg per Litre, Boric Acid can become toxic to the plant. This is because Boron uptake into plants cannot be controlled by the plants themselves and is dependent on the Boron concentration in their surroundings.
Boric Acid: A Ready Source of Boron
Boric Acid is a rich source of Boron, with up to 17.5% availability. This makes it an even richer source of Boron than Borate Fertilizers or Borax. On average, one hectare of land only needs about 4-7.5 kg of Boric Acid Fertilizer, making it a very affordable option.
Boric Acid powders are a very highly soluble form of Boron, and can be used in both diluted and non-diluted forms.
Boric acid is completely safefor your plants and it is an organic form of weak and harmless acid that is odorless, stainless, colorless and is not caustic.
Additionally, Boric Acid can also double up as an insecticide, herbicide and algaecide to protect your plantation from unwanted pests. When Boric Acid is used at much higher concentrations, it can take on a different role which allows you to accomplish more with just one product
Boron is a mineral element that’s considered an essential micronutrient for plants, especially in acidic and sandy soils where Boron is deficient. In agriculture, Boron can be applied to plants in several ways. One is in the form of Borax or Sodium Borate. It’s a type of salt that releases Boron into the soil in a slow and prolonged manner.
Boron is essential for you crops. They’re really important for:
- Promoting increased crop yield per harvest
- Increasing plant firmness as it controls the movement of Calcium in cell walls
- Increases cell production in roots, shoots and leaves, leading to more rapid growth
- Rapid transfer of plant sugars and other nutrients throughout the plant.
- Faster metabolism, which means that the plant will carry photosynthesis much faster.
- Increased flower and fruit production per harvest year.
- Improving reproduction cycles by regulating plant hormone levels better
EverMax’s Borate Fertilizers are optimized to achieve all these things and more!
Soils naturally have Boron, but they can be depleted, especially in areas where the soil is sandy and acidic. Humid and tropical area soils can have very low Boron too, as well as areas where there is a low amount of other organic matter. Boron can be insoluble if the soil becomes very acidic, which is when the pH drops below pH6.5. This means Boron is tied up in a salt form and can’t be soluble in the ground. In essence, Boron depletion is particularly problematic in coastal plantations, which are the ones near the sea.
EverMax’s Borate fertilizer is designed to be easily soluble in humid conditions.
This Borate fertilizer comes in granule and powder forms. They can be applied freely to the soil around the crops in a free and easy manner. Our borate fertilizers can dissolve easily into the soil in humid weather, without extra watering or needing to wait for the rain.
Additionally, they can also be dissolved in water and applied to the leaves of crops. This application method can be employed if you see Boron deficiency symptoms in the leaves. This is also useful for plants where the roots are inaccessible for certain reasons.
Oil palms are particularly susceptible to Boron deficiency. They can show symptoms very early on. If there symptoms are left untreated, it is possible for the palm to eventually die. Here’s how you know your palms or other crops need Boron:
- Stunted growth, especially in younger plants
- Cracks in trunks, fruits and petioles
- Leaves and fronds show signs of browning and curling
- Shorter roots that don’t look for water efficiently
- Strangely shaped fruits, flowers and parts of the tree.
- Smaller fruit bunches and lesser bunches for every harvest season
EverMax Borate Fertilizers are formulated to be used alone, or as part of a fertilizer blend. Add it to your fertilizer mixtures today for a complete nutritional supplement for your crops. Your crops will definitely thank you in the long run.
Silica is an element that is found naturally in plants. It’s also known as Silicon Dioxide, and is a type of natural element that helps plants maintain their shape and structure. Silicon itself is not found in a pure form in nature but often fused with oxygen to form Silica.
Here at Everchem, we provide Silica in the form of powders and granules. Silica appears like a fine white to off-white powder or granule, with some sparkle to it from the presence of the silicon mineral.
Silicon is a macronutrient, which means that it’s one of the main elements needed by plants to grow and survive. Silicone is found quite commonly in nature. They’re found in quartz, in the sand at the beach is used in glassmaking.
Silicon is often neglected by planters when they want to fertilize their plants. Instead, many choose fertilizers with only Nitrogen, Potassium and Phosphorus since these macronutrients are deemed to be the most important for plants to conduct photosynthesis.
Boost Your Plant’s Metabolism!
Experts usually don’t mention Silicon all that much when recommending fertilizers. However, plants can benefit a lot from having more Silica in the ground. Here’s how they can help your plant’s physical health.
- They’re important in making stronger plant cells. Silicon forms the ‘pillars’ needed to make plant cell walls. Therefore, providing your plants with silica allows them to produce stronger cells much faster, as there isn’t a lack of raw materials.
- Since cells can grow faster, you can expect your plants to have bigger leaves and stems. Larger leaves and stems mean higher productiveness from your palms too. Photosynthesis will be much more vigorous, and therefore there will be more fruits in the long run.
- Research has shown that plants that have more Silicon in their system have a higher metabolism, which means they perform photosynthesis faster and even grow faster. This means your plants will mature in the fastest time possible.
Multiple studies have shown that Silicon helps protect your plants from various negative elements, including:
- Environmental stress, including drastic changes in temperatures. This is particularly important for outdoor plantations located in slightly elevated areas where the day and night temperatures vary drastically.
- Drought caused by environmental disasters. In this day and age, environmental phenomena such as El Nino, La Nina and others can cause a long delay in rainfall.
- Molds and Bacteria that target plants, such as the Ganoderma fungus that attacks oil palm roots. These infectious pathogens will have a hard time penetrating into the plant as the Silicon will form a hard barrier.
- Insect pests will also have a hard time infesting the plant because of the solid structural defenses brought about by increased Silicon.
Comprehensive Protection with Just One Fertilizer
Plants are exposed to all sorts of stressors, and you can help them fight it off. Everchem’s Silica Fertilizer provides the help you plants need to stay free from infection and environmental stress!
Running a plantation is hard work, and you want to make sure you give the best to your plants. In the oil palm industry, optimal output is important in order to keep up production levels and profit margins.
Only the healthiest oil palms produce an abundance of fruit. To make sure that your palm trees are at the peak of health, you need to give them the best nutrients in the form of a fertilizer. This is just like giving your children the best vitamins to help them grow.
FMP Fertilizers Are Vitamins For Your Plants!
Fused Magnesium Phosphate Fertilizers are multi-element fertilizers with all the basic nutrients your plants need. They’re made from natural ores without any chemicals being added. Daebak’s FMP fertilizer is the best basic fertilizer you can give your palms.
The main ingredients in our FMP fertilizers are:
- Phosphorus (P205): 15-17%,
- Magnesium (MgO): 15-18%, Ca0: 28-34%
- Silicon dioxide (Si02): 24-30%
- Trace elements: Fe, Mn, Zn, Cn, Mo, B
FMP fertilizers appear as a sandy grain that’s greenish-grey or black in color. The fertilizer is also available in powder form as an extra option.
Both Phosphorus and Magnesium are essential minerals for any plant to perform their basic function, such as carrying out photosynthesis and the transport of water and nutrients throughout all plant parts.
How is the FMP Fertilizer Different?
Although there are other Phosphate fertilizers available, such as Super Phosphate and Diammonium Phosphate (DAP), FMP stands out due to its uniqueness.
FMP fertilizers are non-water soluble. This means that it won’t wash away or dissolve with heavy rains. The fertilizer is very suitable for countries that experience heavy rainfall, even all year round. Palm oil plantations will definitely benefit as the plantations are found in tropical countries, where rain is constant. The fertilizer will not be affected by floods either, and can withstand lowland areas that flood regularly.
FMP fertilizers are actually soluble in citric acid, which is generated by the surface of plant roots. The solubility of FMP in this 2% citric acid environment reaches 99%. This means that you don’t have to water the plants or wait for it to rain in order for the fertilizer to be absorbed by the plant.
The FMP fertilizers can increase water retention in soil, ensuring that plants don’t get dehydrated during hot weather. In coastal plantations, FMP is also able to de-salinate soil by removing excess salts that can damage plant health.
FMP fertilizers are alkaline in nature, with a pH of 8.0-8.5. Unlike the other phosphate rich fertilizers, it’s safe to be applied close to the roots as it won’t have a corrosive effect. Its alkaline nature will neutralize acidic soils, which make this very suitable for use in acidic soil environments.
FMP stays in the soil for a long time, due to the fact that it’s not water soluble. This means it won’t get washed out, or combine with iron molecules in the soil to form a precipitate. Precipitated fertilizers cannot be absorbed by the plants and are considered unusable.
Everchem’s FMP fertilizers can also be stored for a very long time. They’re not sensitive to moisture damage or rain, since they don’t absorb moisture. You don’t have to worry about the fertilizers going bad in a short time.
Environmentally Friendly and Completely Safe
Planters can use Daebak’s FMP fertilizer with peace of mind. It’s made with a natural ore Apatite, which replenishes the Magnesium and Phosphate in the soil to ensure that your palms or other plants perform to the best of their potential.
DAP fertilizers are specifically used to provide plants with phosphorus (P). It became available during the 1960s, and has since been widely used on both commercial crops, as well as in domestic gardens. Phosphorus ( P) is one of three essential macro-nutrients that are needed by plants to grow. The other two are Nitrogen ( N) and Potassium (K).
Out of the three essential macro-nutrients, plants actually consume phosphorus the most. It’s important for plants to carry out their basic life functions, such as photosynthesis, water transpiration and nutrient transfer throughout the plant.
An adequate supply of phosphorus will ensure that a plant grows to its optimum height and size. It also helps the plant produce. Research has also shown that phosphorous can greatly improve the health of crops when applied at the early stages of plant growth, after germination.
DAP is the result of a fusion between ammonia and phosphoric acid, which results in a salt called Diammonium Phosphate (DAP). This salt is compressed into pellets, granules or powders which appear grey or brown in color. They’re sprinkled over the soil close to the plants and will seep into the soil after watering or after the rain.
DAP fertilizers also release nitrogen into the soil, in the form of ammonium. Eventually, the ammonium in the salt breaks down into nitrates, but this process takes quite some time. Therefore, the nitrogen in DAP is considered a ‘delayed’ release nutrient, and will take longer than phosphorus to reach the plants.
The Benefits of DAP Powders
DAP fertilizers are specifically useful in soils that are poor in phosphorus content. Bringing up the P and N concentrations in the soil will result in:
- Larger, greener and healthier looking leaves and fronds.
- Larger fruits and flowers, which will also appear in higher quantities
- A more rapid maturation of plants
- Neutralizes soil that is very acidic by creating an alkaline environment around the pellets
- Highly soluble and easy to seep into the ground
DAP Powder Application and Handling
DAP powders are highly alkaline in nature. Therefore, experts suggest that they are applied at least 5cm away from a plant. This is because dissolving powders will create an alkaline environment around itself which can have a corrosive effect on plant roots and stems, causing problems to the plant.
Additionally, these DAP granules should be applied evenly to ensure there are no large clumps of it on the ground. Large clumps of DAP will increase the alkaline effect sharply, which can have unwanted effects on your crops.
Additionally, these safety tips should be observed when using DAP:
- Avoid using DAP with any Zinc based fertilizer as they can react and form Zinc Phosphide which is a toxic poison.
- The best time to apply DAP powders is before planting. They can be applied one or two weeks before the seedling are transplanted, in order to ensure that they have adequately seeped into the ground.
- DAP is usually applied below the plant or beside it
- DAP has a synergistic effect when used together with Potassium Chloride, and these two can be mixed in equal portions before application.
- DAP granules and powders tend to take up moisture, so they should be stores in a dry area, and covered with a tarp.
For Better and Healthier Crops
In crops like oil palms, DAP powders are often applied to palms that are browning and not producing adequate fruits. They are also used for seedlings, as early application can boost production of the plants in the future.
Also be careful and follow the application instructions well to ensure the health and safety of your crops.